Hi there! I hope you’re all having a wonderful day. I’m excited because I can finally show you what I’ve been working on lately.
Are you familiar with the ‘Summer Reading Programs’ at libraries? If not, it’s basically a piece of paper where you color in a space for every hour you spend reading. You can also do activities like write stories or visit the library website, stuff like that. At the end, you get prizes and T-shirts and stuff. I’ve always loved doing those, and it struck me that it would be really cool to have a ‘Summer CraftProgram’…the same deal, but everything is yarn/craft-related! And you can probably guess where it went from there.
Here’s a picture of my summer reading thing. (Sorry about the PhotoBooth pictures in this post – I didn’t have my usual borrowed iPhone.)
I basically copied the design and made it all yarn-related. I was thinking that you all might be interested in a Summer Yarn-Along, just for fun. I’m not giving out prizes or anything, this is just for your own personal enjoyment…and maybe it will help us all get motivated!
[Note: I changed it to the Summer Craft-Along at FillieFanatic’s suggestion – but I took this picture prior to that.]
Click below to download the templates:
I really hope somebody will want to give this a go! There’s something about checking off things that just makes me feel so productive. 🙂 But if you want some incentive, then I’ll be making a page for the Yarn-Along – and it will have a list of everybody who finishes. So you can be famous! Well, not really, but you’ll still get credit.
Here are the ‘rules’ if you want to participate:
- This Craft-Along is open to ALL crafters – crocheters, knitters, spinners, weavers, scrapbookers, jewelry-makers, you name it. Thanks to filliefanatic who suggested this should be a Craft-Along instead of just a Yarn-Along!
- It starts whenever you want – as long as it’s summer!
- To ‘sign up,’ leave a comment here to tell me you’re participating. If you have a blog, feel free to post about it, but you don’t have to – although it would be fun to see everyone’s progress! I’d appreciate if you linked back to me, though – there’s a blog button further down the page.
- Print off the Summer Craft-Along (SCA) templates. Cut them out and glue them together, then fold into thirds. (I tried to do dotted lines to guide you, but they’re not completely accurate.)
- Whenever you craft for 30 minutes, you can fill in a space.
- Whenever you complete one of the ‘activities’, such as “Teach someone your yarn craft” or “Finish a WIP”, fill in another space.
- If you finish by August 31, you can submit your name to be included on the SCA Hall of Fame. 🙂
I’ve also made a blog button (finally), so if you wanted to link to my blog, you can grab that below:
Okay, I think that’s everything…please let me know what you think! 🙂
P.S. Many thanks to the wonderful AVG for supplying the yarn ball picture. A truly talented and super nice artist!