That’s right! The 2nd Friday of October, the 10th this year, is I Love Yarn Day! Check out the Craft Yarn Council’s page. I thought I would share some ways to celebrate everyone’s favorite yarn holiday in style.
- Teach someone to crochet (or knit!) The Happy Blob is a great intro to amigurumi, and I’ve taught people to crochet with the Valentiny Heart pattern.
- Do some yarn bombing! If you don’t have the stamina to do Attic24 style, try putting some bunnies around town for the Bunny Drop Project.
- Join a Flash Mob! Okay, it’s a little too late for this one, but who says Yarn-Crafting Flash Mobs can only happen today?
- Wear something you crocheted (or knitted) out in public. I made the Lighthearted Tunic, and I think it would be perfect for this!
- Give a spontaneous handcrafted gift to somebody!
- Pull out some yarn the next time you’re waiting in line, sitting on a park bench, or out in public. You can get a head start on – *whispers* – holiday gifts!
- If you’re in the mood for a nice dystopian read, check out The Yarn Wars, then go hug a person who does a different fiber art.
- Add a button to your blog to show your love for yarn! Because EVERY day is I Love Yarn Day!
To add the button to your sidebar, copy & paste the following code into a ‘Text’ widget (it should work for both Blogger and WordPress.)
Happy I Love Yarn Day to you, my lovely blog readers. Are you doing anything to celebrate this wonderful day?